See How the Robson Resort Communities Have Grown Over the Past 50 Years
April 28, 2022
Our 50th anniversary marks an amazing milestone! The Robson Resort Communities have championed developing 55+ luxury retirement communities since 1972. The progress of each community reflects our dedication to creating a community lifestyle that fosters wellness, connection, and adventure for active adults. See how the Robson Resort Communities have grown over the past 50 years!
- In 1972, Robson acquired 2,560 acres of farmland in a limited partnership for the Sun Lakes development.
- In 1976, Robson transitioned from offering lots and mobile homes to on-site single-family homes.
- Sun Lakes is now sold-out and is comprised of approximately 10,000 homes, five golf courses, five country clubs, two shopping centers, and a medical and education center.
SADDLEBROOKE & THE PRESERVE AT SADDLEBROOKE
- SaddleBrooke, located in Tucson, opened in 1987.
- The Preserve at SaddleBrooke opened in 2004.
- In 2020, SaddleBrooke reached a milestone of selling approximately 4,500 homes.
- 2020 – The Preserve at SaddleBrooke earns Best of 55+ Housing Award for detached home over 3,000 sq. ft. – The Bacara model.
- Today, approximately 600 homeowners call this Tucson active adult community, The Preserve at SaddleBrooke, home.
- PebbleCreek launched in 1993 offering retirement living in Goodyear, Arizona.
- 2013 – PebbleCreek awarded “Hall of Fame Community” by Where to Retire Magazine.
- 2015 – PebbleCreek held its inaugural DesertFest Event, later winning “Best 55+ Sales/Marketing Event” by the National Association of Homebuilders 55+ Housing Council.
- 2017 – Oasis Pool Complex opens at PebbleCreek adding to the resort living amenities.
- 2018 – PebbleCreek celebrated its 5,000th home sale.
- Today, more than 9,000 active adults call PebbleCreek home.
- In 1999, Quail Creek is acquired in Green Valley.
- 2013 – Quail Creek named on the “50 Best Master-Planned Communities” list by Where to Retire Magazine.
- In 2013, the Pickleball Complex at Quail Creek opened with 16 courts adding to the lineup of upscale resort amenities.
- 2015 – The Creative Arts & Technology Center opened and earned the Innovation Achievement Award in 2016 by the National Association of Homebuilders 55+ Housing Council.
- Today, nearly 3,000 homeowners call this southern Arizona retirement community home.
ROBSON RANCH TEXAS
- In 2001, Robson Ranch Texas, in Denton, held its Grand Opening celebration.
- 2007 – Robson Ranch Texas makes “Most Active Metroplex Residential Community” list by the Dallas Business Journal.
- 2018 – 9,500 sq. ft. Pinnacle Fitness Center opens to residents and enhances the active adult lifestyle.
- 2020 – Robson Ranch in Denton earns Silver Award for “Best For Sale Community over 200 Homes” by the National Association of Home Builders 55+ Housing Council.
- Today, more than 2,500 homeowners call this upscale 55+ Texas retirement community home.
ROBSON RANCH ARIZONA
- Located in the greater Phoenix metro area near Casa Grande, Robson Ranch Arizona launched in 2005.
- In 2013, Robson Ranch held its first USAPA Annual Skill Level Tournament on the 16 community Pickleball courts.
- Adding to the resort living amenities, the Ranch House clubhouse opened in 2015. The Ranch House features a ballroom/auditorium with a stage, men’s and women’s dressing rooms, two multi-purpose rooms, a lounge, a private dining room, and more.
- 2017 – Robson Ranch Arizona won “Best Outdoor Lifestyle Amenity” by the National Association of Home Builders 55+ Housing Council.
- 2018 – Robson Ranch Arizona celebrated its 1,000th home closing.
- SaddleBrooke Ranch opened just north of Tucson, Arizona in 2008.
- 2012 – SaddleBrooke Ranch wins Best of 55+ Housing Award for Best Clubhouse – La Hacienda Club.
- 2016 – SaddleBrooke Ranch unveiled its 24-court Pickleball complex.
- 2018 – The Ranch House makes its debut featuring, Ranch House Grill & Brewery, private dining, ballroom, lounge, event lawn, and more.
- 2021 – The Community Garden, Ed’s Dogs, and new tennis & bocce courts were added to the luxury retirement amenities.
- Today, more than 1,200 homeowners call this Arizona 55 community home.
Learn more about the new homes for sale within each actively selling Robson Resort Community today by calling 800-732-9949 to request more information or start your new home search here.